If you are wondering: “How can I teach English and travel the world?” VGC International College’s TESL Diploma or TESL Certificate in Vancouver is a great place to start.
With the VGC TESL Program, we will get you ready for the adventure of a lifetime and a career you will love. We give you the qualifications to work and travel to other countries or stay and teach English in Vancouver and let the world come to you.
Our instructors have taught TESOL programs in Vancouver and around the globe. They bring years of experience and training to our TESL program ensuring you will get the best training possible. So whether you decide to go with a TESL Certificate or TESL Diploma, no matter where you decide to teach, you will be ready for an adventure.
Please note, if you are looking for a TESOL Diploma or a TESOL Certificate in Vancouver, our TESL Diploma and TEFL Certificate is the same thing. TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages), TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) and TESL (Teaching English as a Second Language) are all the same with the same skill sets taught. The difference in the names relates to where you are teaching.
This program provides pedagogical theory, teaching methodology, strategies and practical approaches to developing the skills and knowledge base candidates require to become effective English language teachers.Candidates are given the opportunity to show application of methodology and skills in a real teaching and learning environment.
- Learning and teaching: background and theory
- Practical methodology: teaching skills and systems
- Language awareness
Upon completion of this program the successful student will have
reliably demonstrated the ability to:
- Plan a series of ESL lessons that cover different skills and systems for learners at different levels
- Competently deliver the lessons they have planned to a class of ESL learners
Provide and receive meaningful feedback to and from peers
- To reflect on one’s own learning and teaching and to act on feedback and demonstrate improvement
Domestic: Applicants who are native speakers of English must;
- CERT + DIP: Graduate with a Grade 12 Diploma and pass VGC admission interview process for this teacher training program.
International: Applicants who are non-native speakers of English must;
- CERT: Graduate from Grade 12 or equivalent and have a band score of 5.5 IELTS or TOEFL 70 or equivalent or a pass at VGC level 6 ESL course and/or pass VGC admission interview process for this teacher training program.
- DIP: Graduate from Grade 12 or equivalent and have a band score of 6.5 IELTS or TOEFL 90 or equivalent or a pass at VGC level 7 ESL course and/or pass VGC admission interview process for this teacher training program.
2017 – May 29th, July 31st, October 10th
2018 – January 8th, March 5th, April 2nd, May 28th, July 23rd, October 15th
2019 – January 14th, March 11th, April 8th, June 3rd, July 29th, October 21st