How can social networks help sell my business? Why is social media so important in marketing? How do I become better at marketing through social media? If you have ever had questions about strategy in this ever-changing world of social media, this two week course is a great place to start.
This seminar will teach you the basics of how to succeed in creating your own social media strategy. The course is broken up into the following sections:
- Understanding the Risks, Threats, and Opportunities in Social Media
- Social Media Psychology: Understanding the User
- Social Media Platforms and Their Use in Business
- Developing and Applying a Social Media Marketing Strategy
- Presenting and Critiquing a Social Media Strategy
This program will combine lecture, case studies and a final group project for assessment. By the end of this seminar course, participants will gain a good understanding of audience, social media platforms and how they fit with a broader marketing strategy. Through case studies and lectures, students will have gained an understanding of the importance of social media and how it fits with marketing a product or service. They will demonstrate their knowledge by developing and presenting a social media strategy for a given product.