Do you have what it takes to lead? What approaches and skill sets do successful leaders have in common with you? How can you improve your leadership skills? These and other questions are explored in this two-week seminar course on Leadership.
This seminar will teach you the basics of how to succeed in a leadership position. The course is broken up into the following sections:
- Defining Leadership: What makes a good leader?
- Leadership Approaches and Styles
- Establishing Vision and Mission
- Building the Leadership Skill Set
- Self-Evaluation of Leadership
- Presenting and Critiquing Leadership Strategies
This program will combine lecture, case studies and a final group project for assessment. By the end of this seminar course, students will gain a good understanding of what it takes to be a strong company leader. Through case studies, we will explore the successes and failures of leaders. More importantly, we will explore the reasons why and how leaders become leaders. Through lecture, we will see the importance of vision and how approaches differ. Furthermore, through daily projects and presentations, participants will gain a better understanding of their leadership skills and practical knowledge of how to become a better leader.
- Completion of high school or equivalent or mature student status 18 years or older.
- English language proﬁciency established by one of the following: TOEFL (IBT) 64, IELTS 5.0, pass VGC admission test with minimum score of 70% achievement and VGC level 5 ESL program.
- and/or Complete VGC’s admissions interview.
*Weekly Schedule is different to other seminar courses due to Canadian Holiday.