Our Homestay Accommodation: Learn English faster by Living with a Canadian Host Family
With VGC International College’s homestay you can fully immerse yourself in Canadian culture and practice English outside the classroom by living with a Canadian host family. This experience will give your English learning a whole new dimension while you can experience the friendliness and hospitality that Canadians are famous for.
All of our homestay families are carefully selected so you can experience a safe and casual environment during your career training or English courses in Canada. Our families enjoy meeting students from around the world and some have been hosting students for many years. Choosing our homestay accommodation will help you settle in easier and feel home away from home.
What to expect in your homestay:
- Room: a private, clean and comfortable room for every student.
- Furniture: bed and bedding, dresser and a place to do homework.
- Access: to bathroom and laundry facilities.
- Proximity: approximately 30 to 50 minutes commute to school by public transport.
- Families: friendly and welcoming English speaking homestay families from diverse backgrounds that reflect Vancouver’s multicultural population. Some families may host more than one international student.
- Lifestyle: you can indicate your preferences on diet, smoking/ non-smoking, children, etc.
- Amenities: 2 or 3 meals per day included, Wi-Fi Internet access, 24-hour emergency contact number. Airport pickup/ return can be booked for an additional fee.
The homestays are usually booked on a weekly basis starting on the weekend, with the option of adding additional days. The homestay accommodation must be booked a minimum of two weeks in advance.
Student residency: Luxurious Student Rooms in Downtown Vancouver
At VGC International College we recommend our international students to stay with our homestay families to help them settle in and learn more about the Canadian culture. However, we offer accommodation in our VGC student residence for independent students who prefer to live in the heart of Vancouver together with other international students. Located in walking distance to all major attractions of downtown Vancouver, our residence will be the perfect option for all students who want to enjoy the bustling city life.
What to expect in the student residency:
- Room: a private or shared, clean and comfortable room in a fully furnished shared suite.
- Furniture: bed and linens, wardrobe, desk, chair, and TV in each room.
- Access: to bathroom and laundry facilities, a shared kitchen and a common area.
- Proximity: approximately 10-15 minutes commute to school by public transport or 20-25 walking time.
- Amenities: free Wi-Fi, fitness centre, 24 hour concierge/ security, weekly housekeeping in the common area and utilities included.
The student residence is available for adult students (19 years and older) and needs to be booked well in advance, as space is limited. Due to Vancouver’s shortage of rental units and student residences we can only offer shared rooms during the months of July and August.