So you want to be your own boss…or maybe you have a business idea but don’t know where to start. VGC’s two-week Entrepreneurship seminar is a great place to bring your business ideas to fruition.
This seminar will teach you the basics of how to succeed in creating your own business. The course is broken up into the following sections:
- Identifying Opportunities and Generating Ideas
- Feasibility Analysis
- Competitor Analysis
- Examining Various Business Models
- Financing or Funding
- Components of a Business Plan
- Writing a Business Plan
- Designing a Business Model
- Presenting and Critiquing a Business Plan
This program will combine lecture, case studies and a final group project for assessment. By the end of this seminar course, students will gain a good understanding of entrepreneurship and how to start a successful business. Through case studies and lectures, students will have gained an understanding of the importance of industry analysis, writing a business plan and financing a new venture. By the end of the course, participants will develop and present a new business and show a full understanding of the process of taking a business idea to realization.
- Completion of high school or equivalent or mature student status 18 years or older.
- English language proﬁciency established by one of the following: TOEFL (IBT) 64, IELTS 5.0, pass VGC admission test with minimum score of 70% achievement and VGC level 5 ESL program.
- and/or Complete VGC’s admissions interview.