Cambridge Preparation Courses
Cambridge First Certificate in English (FCE) and Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) Programs
Our Cambridge courses come in two separate levels: Upper Advanced (CAE) and Lower Advanced (FCE). These programs are designed to help students attain a level of proficiency and accuracy as it relates to their goals when taking the Cambridge exams. All four skills are systematically developed and practiced in each unit and in-depth exam training is provided throughout. Whether it is at the CAE or FCE level, you will focus on the using flexibility and creativity with the English language as it relates to variety of exam situations and topics. As these are advanced courses, you will learn subtle differences in grammar and vocabulary use as it relates to your level of English studies. This course will also help you to develop a greater understanding of the significance of culture as it relates to language; it will help you develop the necessary skills to feel better prepared for taking the Cambridge exams whether it is the CAE or FCE exam.
The Cambridge First Certificate in English and Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English Programs are offered in the summer months only. Please check this link for start dates.
Students must be at the appropriate level to enter these courses (you can take our online placement test here).
By taking this program students will:
- have improved their FCE or CAE score.
- have developed Cambridge Exams strategies.
- have read, understood and answered questions on the content of various text types, related to the FCE and CAE exams.
- answer different types of English grammar questions with confidence.
- handle the various sections of the oral test with confidence.
- apply the use of different language structures appropriately.
- summarize, reconstruct, and present arguments coherently for the Cambridge exams.
The VGC Difference
- Experienced and knowledgeable teachers for both FCE and CAE exams.
- Individualized feedback to focus you on areas that need improvement.
- Practice Cambridge exams every two weeks to monitor your progress and results.